– Maximum benefits: $10,000; $25,000; $50,000; $100,000, $200,000, $300,000 and $500,000.
– Hospital services: semi-private accommodation.
– Physician services.
– Ambulance services: ground, air or sea ambulance to the nearest hospital.
– X-ray examinations and diagnostic laboratory procedures.
– Prescription drugs for a maximum of 30-day period.
– Medical appliances: the cost to rent or purchase essential medical appliances, including but not limited to, wheelchairs, crutches and canes.
– Fracture Treatment – up to $1,000 for cast removal, physiotherapy, X-ray, re-examination or re-casting, if medically necessary.
– Private duty nursing services.
– Professional medical services of physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath, podiatrist, optometrist and acupuncturist up to a maximum limit of $600 per practitioner.
– Follow-up visits 5 follow-up visits within the 14 days after the initial emergency medical treatment if necessary.
– Accidental dental, maximum $6,000 for the repair or replacement of whole or sound teeth.
– Emergency dental, maximum $600 for a pain relief, other than caused by an accident.
– Return of Deceased (Repatriation): the preparation and return of your body or ashes to your country of origin or up to $6,000 for burial or cremation at the place of death (excluding the cost of funeral, a burial coffin or an urn). This benefit also includes the transportation costs and allowance of $400 per day to a maximum of $2,000 for meals and accommodation of one family member to go to the place of your death to identify your body when it is necessary.
– Hospital Allowance: up to $100 per day to cover hospital charges for TV rental and phone.
– Emergency Air Transportation: The cost of medical air evacuation, a stretcher or one-way economy airfare to return to your country of permanent residence and the cost for a medical attendant if necessary. *
– Return of Dependent Children: cost of airfare and a chaperone to return dependent children travelling with you back home, if you are returned to your country of permanent residence under the Emergency Air Transportation Benefit or the Repatriation Benefit. *
– Child Care: up to $500 per day to a maximum of $5,000 for child care costs if you are hospitalized.
– Family Transportation: the transportation costs and allowance of $400 per day to a maximum of $2,000 for meals and accommodation for one family member to be with you while you are hospitalized, if an attending physician considers it necessary. *
– Out of Pocket Expenses: up to $500 per day to a maximum of $5,000 for your accommodation, meals, telephone calls, internet charges, taxi fare, parking charges, bus fare and/or rental car in lieu, if your travelling companion is confined to hospital on or after the date you are scheduled to return to your country of permanent residence.
– Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance: up to $25,000.
– Return of Vehicle: up to $2,500 to return a vehicle that you own or rent if you are incapable of continuing your trip by means of the vehicle used to depart from your country of permanent residence. *
– Maternity: up to a maximum of $6,000 for pre-natal care, delivery and/or complications thereof arising within the nine weeks before the expected date of delivery, provided the pregnancy commenced after the effective date of the Policy.
– Flight to/from Canada coverage: The effective date can be either: a) The date you leave your country of permanent residence for direct travel to Canada (direct travel includes stopovers and layovers), provided travel to Canada does not exceed 48 hours; or, b) The date you arrive in Canada; or, c) Any date after you arrive in Canada. Coverage terminates on the date and time you return permanently to your country of permanent residence.
* These benefits are payable only when pre-approved and arranged by Claims at TuGo.
OPTIONAL UNSTABLE PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION COVERAGE:
If you are 79 years and under, you can add an optional Unstable Pre-existing Medical Conditions Coverage to your policy to cover pre-existing conditions provided they were stable on or within the 7 days before the effective date of the policy (Subject to policy exclusions, terms and conditions).
OPTIONAL ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT:
When this Optional Coverage is purchased, adds to the AD&D coverage up to $100,000 for Air Flight/Common Carrier and $25,000 for 24-hour Accident.
OPTIONAL SPORTS & ACTIVITIES COVERAGE (up to the sum insured):
Applicable to All Ages: When this Optional Coverage is purchased, the company will reimburse you for the reasonable and customary charges for medical and related expenses up to the coverage limits for an acute, sudden and unexpected emergency medical condition while participating in, training or practicing for the following sports or activities, if you select the applicable sport or activity at the time of application:
Backcountry skiing/snowboarding; BASE jumping; Boxing; Downhill freestyle skiing/snowboarding in organized competitions; Downhill mountain biking; Hang gliding/paragliding; High risk snowmobiling; Ice climbing; Mixed martial arts; Motorized speed contests; Mountaineering; Parachuting/skydiving/tandem skydiving; Rock climbing; Scuba diving or free diving over 40 metres; White water sports – Class VI; Wingsuit flying.
Applicable to Insureds 21 years and over only: When this Optional Coverage is purchased, the company will reimburse you for the reasonable and customary charges for medical and related expenses up to the coverage limits for an acute, sudden and unexpected emergency medical condition while participating in, training or practicing on behalf of a registered team, league, association or club; or while competing in a registered tournament, competition or sporting event for the following sports, if you select the applicable sport at the time of application:
Football (American and Canadian); Ice hockey; Rugby.
The charges must result from an emergency that first occurs after coverage commences (including after any applicable waiting period) and while you are travelling outside your country of permanent residence.